B73FLY’s EDXP-EU v1.6.2 [1.27.x]
Enhanced Driving Experience v1.6.2 for Ets2 1.27.x
*EDXP is the acronym for “Enhanced Driving Experience”.
This is a little mod package that I originally made for myself in order to make the driving experience
AND the in-game experience a little more “realistic”. It contains several modifications to definitions and sounds.
It has remained private for several versions of ETS2…until now.
Here is an outline of what has changed:
– All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic engine torque and top speed.
– For every car, engine torque has been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently.
– Top speed for every car varies according to their tire specifications based on research from the Tire Rack website.
– Top speed for every truck is 90 km/h. They have been at their correct setting ever since, but I included them anyway to be sure.
– Trucks pulling some oversized loads will travel at 70 km/h.
– Top speed for the TEMSA Opalin is 100 km/h. This bus also has been at the correct setting.
– In traffic, there are more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
– Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings, but not to a point where you have to wait for more than 2-3 minutes to cross a major intersection…unless you’re in the left lane full of cars trying to turn left.
– Green light interval is 20 seconds.
– Amber (yellow) light interval is 3 seconds.
– 5-second delay interval between signals.
– Every signal is disabled from 23:00 to 05:00.
– Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on brand and engine specifications.
– Example: If you see an AI Scania with a V8 badge, you’ll hear the actual V8 sound as it drives past.
– Buses utilize a specific diesel sound.
– Tire noises have been added to all AI vehicles.
– Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed…even though 95% of the time the
AI doesn’t sound the horn, unless you intentionally stop your truck in the middle of the road.
– Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
– Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
– Feel Thor’s power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
– Bad Winter Weather
– When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
– Sounds have been added to various movers such as flags, hot air balloons, and commercial airliners.
17 MAY 2017 (1.6.2)
– Fixed more CTDs. Any more? I’m ready to kill the last flags standing!
14 MAY 2017 (1.6.1)
– Fixed crash to desktop
– Truck traffic pulling the following cargo on low beds will be limited to 70 km/h
– 10% chance of 70 km/h truck traffic spawning
– Controlled by modifying country definitions
– Countries from base content, map DLCs, and ProMods+RusMap are supported
– Other countries will have spawn probabilities set to default (100%). Totally unrealistic, but you can make them realistic with some coding experience!
17 APR 2017 (1.6.0)
– Compatibility update for version 1.27
– Upgraded Citroen 2CV engine to a 602cc specification.
– Added some missing sounds to movers
– Tweaked traffic signal timings
– Added a new profile for Sweden
– Features a 1.5-second red-amber time before green
– Changed profile for Norway
– Utilizes the same profile as Germany (1-second red-amber time before green)
– Delay interval between other signals increased by 1 second (now 5-second delay), ALL SIGNALS.
– When driving on a priority road, signal should display green light coming out of sleep mode (originally red, which usually causes more red light penalties), ALL SIGNALS.
– Flashing amber light speed increased, ALL SIGNALS.
This mod must be installed at a higher priority over other sound or AI mods.