Sound Fixes Pack v 16.2 (stable release)
Pack provides improvements to common sounds in the game, making them feel more immersive and real.
The goal of the mod is to make the game’s sounds feel like real life!
Requires higher priority than map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.) and AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)!
CHANGE LOG v16.2
— Sound changes —
Finetuned one of the generic AI car sounds.
New generic AI truck/bus sounds.
— Map zoom fixes —
Updated “With ProMods” map zoom file.
CHANGE LOG v16.1
— Sound changes —
Added compatibility with low air pressure warning sound for all trucks – courtesy of SCS Software.
Added realistic engine sounds for cars Gaz 24 and Uaz 452 for Russian Traffic Pack by Jazzycat. [ETS2 edition]
Added realistic engine sounds for the Maz 103 bus for Russian Traffic Pack by Jazzycat. [ETS2 edition]
Added unique gear air and engine sounds and horn sounds for standard DAF XF 105 in AI traffic (6×4 chassis only). [ETS2 edition]
Added sound for logging machine moving logs.
Changed train sounds for ETS2 to European train sounds. [ETS2 edition]
Finetuned and rebalanced some environmental sound loops for Southern Region Map. [ETS2 edition]
Overhauled train station ambience for Southern Region Map. [ETS2 edition]
Reverted to v14.1 Honda CB600 engine sound for Honda CB600 motorbike in AI Traffic Pack by Jazzycat.
Lowered volume of some bird ambience.
Improved tugboat sound.
4 new tugboat sounds for tugboats, some including tugboat horns.
New sound for high altitude Boeing plane flyover.
New subtle sound for container ships.
New camera click sound for screenshots.
Slight reduction in volume for some stick sounds.
Reworked one of the forest ambience sounds.
— Frosty Winter Weather sound optional addon —
Added more compatible trucks for “snow on wiper” sounds.
— New low air warning sound optional addons —
Now you have several truck specific low air pressure warning sound addons to choose from –
Peterbilt, DAF, Volvo, Scania, International and Freightliner
to suit your sound preference and/or for extra immersion for your truck!
By default, the modern Peterbilt low air warning sound will be used
for both the ETS2 and ATS Sound Fixes Pack.
— Open/close truck window addon —
Moved to “Options for Sound Fixes Pack” folder.
— New “global variable files” for modders —
Added global variable files that can be changed by mods without changing game_data.sii.
Included files for this version (new ones may be added overtime) are:
What does this mean? For example:
Mirror FOV mods are now able to be adapted specifically the Sound Fixes Pack game_data.sii
without overriding the game_data.sii itself.
To change the Mirror FOV, open the Sound Fixes Pack and copy file from
def/mirrorFOV_config.sui to your mod with the edited values.
Then enable the mirror FOV mod with higher priority.
[WARNING: Do not include def/game_data.sii]
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you are accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed…
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds of the cabin…
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume of this sound depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings)…
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds…
* Reduced volume of garage door sound, adviser message sound and yawning sound.
## Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound for while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can help give you an idea on how much you refueled…
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click and key insertion sound effects for after refueling to a full tank.
## Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch and blinker / indicator / turn signal…
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound…
* Real rumblestrip sound
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive on to the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations). [ETS2 edition]
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect…
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible in the cabin during heavy rain…
* At high speeds, wind will sound slightly faster…
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
## Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling…
* Included air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
## AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds…
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used…
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo, engines, gear changes).
* Motorcycles from Jazzycat’s AI Traffic Pack + JLTruck’s AI Traffic Pack given proper motorcycle engine sounds…
* Motorcycles will rev engine instead of using a car horn when blocked…
* Dedicated engine sounds for special vehicles in various AI Traffic mods…
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a vast amount of moving objects including biplanes, trains (included train horns), etc…
* Enabled sound for a vast amount of movers that don’t originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighter, tugboats, hot air balloons, you name it!).
## Location based ambience
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery point) soundscape enhanced for American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime ambience)…
* Iceland coastal ambience for ProMods (wind, waves, very distant seagulls)…
* Suitable volumes of environmental ambience for various map mods.
* ETS2 1.25.1 + ATS 1.4.1. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides realistic thunder + exterior rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using winter mods, please enable Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from Options folder of Sound Fixes Pack for full compatibility.
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can configure its volume using these developer commands. Syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
* SCS Software for base sounds
* Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod
* antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds
* Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds
* AlexeyP for some trailer coupling and fuel pump sounds
* nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions
Sharemods: Download mod